Professor of Computer Science
Faculty Group: Algorithms
Ph.D., Stanford University, 2003
M.S., Stanford University, 2002
B.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 1998
Honors & Awards
Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship, 2009
Best paper award, WWW Conference, 2009
NSF CAREER Award, 2008
Approximation algorithms; Computational economics; Scheduling theory; Data mining.
- N. Haghpanah, N. Immorlica, V. Mirrokni, and K. Munagala. "Optimal auctions with positive network externalities." ACM Transactions on Economics and Computation, 2012 (forthcoming).
- Guha, S., Munagala, K., and Shi, P. "Approximation algorithms for restless bandit problems." Journal of the ACM, 58(1), 2010.
- S. Bhattacharya, G. Goel, S. Gollapudi, and K. Munagala. "Budget constrained auctions with heterogeneous items." Proc. ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC), 2010.
- Bhattacharya, S., Conitzer, V., Munagala, K., and Xia, L. "Incentive compatible budget elicitation in multi-unit auctions." Proc. ACM-SIAM Symp. on Discrete Algorithms (SODA), 2010.
- Goel, A. and Munagala, K. "Hybrid keyword-search auctions." Proc. World Wide Web Conference (WWW), 2009.