Alvin R. Lebeck
Professor of Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering
Faculty Group: Systems & Architecture
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1995
M.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1991
B.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1989
Honors & Awards
Best Paper Award, ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Microarchitecture, 1998; National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 1997; IEEE Fellow, 2016.
Computer architecture, nano-scale systems, memory system, energy efficient computing, and multiprocessors.
Architecting Resilient Memory Hierarchies, Architectures for Emerging Technologies, Multicore/Multiprocessor Systems.
- Exploiting Dark Fluorophore States to Implement Resonance Energy Transfer Pre-Charge Logic, Craig LaBoda, Chris Dwyer, Alvin R. Lebeck, IEEE Micro. Vol 37, No.4. pp52-62, 2017.
- An Optically Modulated Self-Assembled Resonance Energy Transfer Pass Gate, Craig LaBoda, Chris Dwyer, Alvin R. Lebeck, Nano Letters, 17(6), pp 3775-3781, 2017.
- Enabling Lightweight Transactions with Precision Time, Pulkit Misra, Jeffrey S. Chase, Johannes Gehrke, Alvin R. Lebeck, International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS '17), April 2017.
- Accelerating Markov Random Field Inference using Molecular Optical Gibbs Sampling Units, Siyang Wang, Xiangyu Zhang, Yuxuan Li, Ramin Bashizade, Song Yang, Chris Dwyer, Alvin R. Lebeck, Proceedings of the 43rd International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), pages 558-569, June 2016. Selected for IEEE Top Picks 2016 Honorable Mention.
- Exploiting Accelerators for Efficient High Dimensional Similarity Search, Sandeep R. Agrawal, Chris R. Dee, Alvin R. Lebeck, Proceedings of the 21st ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming (PPoPP), March 2016.
Extended List of Publications
Publications by Alvin R. Lebeck