Ronald E. Parr
Professor of Computer Science, Chair
Faculty Group: Artificial Intelligence
Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1998
A.B., (cum laude) Princeton University, 1990
Honors & Awards
IJCAI-JAIR Best Paper Award, "Efficient Solution Algorithms for Factored MDPs," 2007; Alfred P. Sloan Fellowship, 2003; Best Student Paper Award, "Inference in Hybrid Networks: Theoretical Limits and Practical Algorithms," UAI, 2001 with Uri Lerner (student first author).
Reasoning under uncertainty, Markov decision processes, Reinforcement learning, Bayesian networks, and Robotics.
- "An Analysis of Linear Models, Linear Value-Function Approximation, and Feature Selection for Reinforcement Learning," Ronald Parr, Lihong Li, Gavin Taylor, Christopher Painter-Wakefield, and Michael L. Littman, International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML-2008).
- "Hierarchical Linear/Constant Time SLAM using Particle Filters for Dense Maps," Austin I. Eliazar and Ronald Parr, Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS-19) 2005.
- "Least-Squares Policy Iteration," Michail Lagoudakis and Ronald Parr, Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR), Vol. 4, 2003, pp. 1107-1149.
- "Efficient Solution Algorithms for Factored MDPs," Carlos Guestrin, Daphne Koller, Ronald Parr and Shobha Venkataraman, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR), Vol. 19, 2003, pp. 399-468.
- "Coordinated Reinforcement Learning," Carlos Guestrin, Michail Lagoudakis,and Ronald Parr. Nineteenth International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML-2002), pp. 227-234, July 2002.
Extended List of Publications
Publications by Ronald E. Parr