Adjunct Professor of Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering
Faculty Group: Artificial Intelligence
PhD, Computer Science, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2011.
MSc, Artificial Intelligence, University of Edinburgh, 2003.
BSc (Hons), Computer Science, University of the Witwatersrand, 2001.
BSc, Computer Science & Computational and Applied Mathematics, University of the Witwatersrand, 2000.
Honors & Awards
MIT Intelligence Initiative Fellowship (2013); Best Student Video, AAAI 2011 Video Competition (with Scott Kuindersma)
Artificial intelligence, robotics, reinforcement learning, machine learning, planning.
- G.D. Konidaris, L. Kaelbling and T. Lozano-Perez. Constructing Symbolic Representations for High-Level Planning. In Proceedings of the Twenty-Eighth Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pages 1932-1940, July 2014.
- G.D. Konidaris, S.R. Kuindersma, R.A. Grupen and A.G. Barto. Robot Learning from Demonstration by Constructing Skill Trees. The International Journal of Robotics Research 31(3), pages 360-375, March 2012.
- G.D. Konidaris, S.R. Kuindersma, R.A. Grupen and A.G. Barto.
Autonomous Skill Acquisition on a Mobile Manipulator. In Proceedings of the Twenty-Fifth Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pages 1468-1473, August 2011.
- G.D. Konidaris, S. Osentoski and P.S. Thomas. Value Function Approximation in Reinforcement Learning using the Fourier Basis. In Proceedings of the Twenty-Fifth Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pages 380-385, August 2011.
- G.D. Konidaris and A.G. Barto. Skill Discovery in Continuous Reinforcement Learning Domains using Skill Chaining. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 22, pages 1015-1023, December 2009.