Robert C. Duvall
Lecturer of Computer Science
Faculty Group: Computer Science Education
M.Sc., Brown University, 1997
B.S., Brown University, 1993
Object-oriented programming, design patterns, graphics, animation and visualization,artificial life, and programming languages.
- Bergin, J., Duvall, R., Wallingford, E., Mercer, R., Rostal, P., West D., and Gabriel, R. "A Snapshot of Studio Based Learning: Code Reviews as a Means of Community Building." ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages, and Applications, 2008.
- Pollard, S. and Duvall, R.“Everything I Needed to Know About Teaching I Learned in Kindergarten: Bringing Elementary Education Techniques to Undergraduate Computer Science Classes.” ACM SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, 2006.
- Astrachan, O., Duvall, R., Forbes, J., and Rodger, S. "Active Learning in Small to Large Courses." IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference,November 2002.
- Astrachan, O., Duvall, R., and Wallingford, E. "Bringing Extreme Programming to the Classroom." XPUniverse, July 2001.
- Berman, M. and Duvall, R. "Thinking about binary trees in an object-oriented world." ACM SIGCSE Technical Symposium on ComputerScience Education, February 1996.